Thread: How to avoid virus other than using a antivirus

How to avoid virus other than using a antivirus

Using a antivirus is not the only solution to deal with virus. I had seen a tons of issue which occur even after installing a antivirus. I want some helps or tips through which I can protect my pc from virus. I had a paid antivirus and still I can see virus warning continuously on my screen. So it looks my system is not completely safe. I am looking for some important settings that I can practice to keep my pc secure.

Re: How to avoid virus other than using a antivirus

Just keep your antivirus updated. That's all. This will protect your system from all kinds of threats. I will not recommend you to use a free antivirus because they are limited and does not give you full support. Get a full internet security pack from Norton.

There are something you can try to keep your system secure and protected form virus. It is always good to run a schedule antivirus scan. Like onetime in every 3 days. Don't install unwanted, cracked and free application in your pc.Always download and install from trusted sources. This will be help you in keeping your system file more clean. Always keep your antivirus updated. Outdated antivirus is not strong enough to keep your system completely secure. They are unable to detect new threats. You must add a popup blocker and filtering tool in your system. This works as additional security and will does not allow anything to get install in your system. Don't download files blindly from attachment. You must scan it always and then only open it. Because that is the major place from where you can get threats. Stop using torrents. If you don't use torrents then threat will not enter in your system. Torrents are major cause of virus transfer around the web. Don't trust them at all.

Don't download anything from untrusted location. Do not add un-necessary addon on your browser. All this thing cause problem and cause virus issue. Enable the pop-blocker and set the browser security level at maximum.

I can provide you some tips through which you can keep your system safe and secure other than antivirus protection. New virus are more smarter than older one. They know that there is a security application in the system which can cause issue. So they hide into some other apps. For example you are installing a new free software in your system. At the time of setup it ask you to add additional toolbar, a search page, or third party apps. This are the apps which comes with vulnerability. And it cause issue if you run the setup. The virus will entire your system instantly. So stay away from installation. Add only which is needed. Don't un-necessarily overload your system with useless stuff. Second thing always keep your firewall on. Almost all web browser comes with powerful security feature. Like the new Google Chrome Beta 32 offer you a powerful malware protection in it.