Thread: Does portable usb antivirus are effective against pc antivirus

Does portable usb antivirus are effective against pc antivirus

My laptop keeps on getting new virus due to memory card usage. The same laptop is used by my friends also who copy songs in their phone. Every now and then I get a virus warning through McAfee. I had lost some important data last month due to the same issue. So I want to know does a usb antivirus is effective. Sometime I did not get any notification and still the virus remain active in the system.

Re: Does portable usb antivirus are effective against pc antivirus

USB antivirus are less effective compare to desktop one. The best thing you can do is get a good antivirus. A full internet security pack from Norton will be enough to deal with day to day threats and will keep your system clean.

I had seen in some antivirus settings they come with different scanning models. Like basic, intermediate and aggressive. If you keep them on the highest it simply delete all the infected file. So in your case the antivirus is hooked on basic mode due to which it only detects the virus and give you warning. It will also ask you to put it in quarantine or not. So the best thing to do here is let the antivirus deal with this file. There are some good antivirus which are powerful and capable of detecting and cleaning all kinds of threats. You can keep additional antivirus also in your system. Like a anti-spyware or anti-malware. There are tons of free tools available. Keep your firewall always on. Antivirus like Bitdefender has a real-time shield in them. This shield keeps on scanning files you download from different sites. It scan them. It also keep a eye on files you transfer from different storage media.

Portable antivirus are not effective. They can be poor in scanning the files.It is better to stick with a good desktop version. Today you can see some antivirus which comes with cloud scanning. They are more effective and keeps your system clean.

There are two tools which I can recommend you. You can test them and find out how effective they are. The first one is TrustPort Antivirus USB Edition. This is a portable scanner which is fast and good enough to keep your system protected for security threats. It offer you a nice full system scan through which you can wipe out any left threat in the system. It is a lightweight antivirus which does not consume much space. It is also low on system resources.It provide you features like you can run a real time scan, you can run a on demand scan, it also has latest virus definition updates and there are more tools through which you can boost your security. The interface is very simple and user friendly. It remains in the usb due to which virus in your system does not corrupt its updates. You can run a fresh update instantly and keep it in your pen drive always. The second one is Naevius USB Antivirus which is ideal for those who frequently use their pen drive for data backup.

The only best thing you can do is block the files. When you insert a memory card or usb auto-run files will cause the issue. A good antivirus will surely block the same. I think your antivirus is not good enough to stop the threats. You must try some other one.

You need some kind of usb blocker tool. Usually all antivirus offer you real-time protection. That means they keep on scanning the background and when any threat is detected you will get a popup warning on the desktop screen. But sometime we only allow a file to enter in a system. Like in my case my antivirus recently warned me for a file. But it was important so I unblocked it. After few days I notice a number of infection after scanning. So here I am going to give you some tools and options through which you can protect your system from getting infected from virus. Especially the one which is coming out from the pen drive. USB Threat Defender is one of the best tool among all.This tool is simple and easy to use. It has a smooth interface and all required features through which you can launch a scan. The tool blocks autorun.inf which is a common cause of infection.

You can turn off the autorun from Windows directly. There is no need to use a third party software for the same. For that type gpedit.msc in start > run box and then go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Autoplay Policies > Details > Turn off Autoplay.

Web Development Company In India

Portable anti-virus is not effective against PC antivirus.please choose good antivirus.