Thread: How to configure Bulletproof ftp to use map drives

How to configure Bulletproof ftp to use map drives

We are using Bulletproof FTP client. We had configured it on a pc storage. I want some help to configure this software to use map drives also. This will be for giving out work files to people who are on the network. I do this manually right-now. But if I can use this software then my job will be more easier. I just have to drag and drop files in the folders around. Can anyone help me to get a appropriate solution for this process.

Re: How to configure Bulletproof ftp to use map drives

You have to specify the location only. And the mapped drive will be used as the default file server and ideal to keep all your files. I am using a free ftp server here which works in the same way. I had configured the map drive as the default location.

It is quiet possible to configure map drive on the blue ftp server. But for that you have to ensure that the drive does not get disconnected. It must remain active all the time. Now this is more easier to do through a common line. But that would be a complicated solution for those. Here you have to offer a proper path or else it is not going to work. Most of the ftp software comes loaded with tools that can do the job on their own. Compare to map drive if you hook the regular one it is more reliable. Sometime due to improper settings, map drives failed to connect and does not give you proper connectivity. Connecting a ftp drive in your pc is far more better. Like you can simply use a ftp location as map drive in your system. It remains active in My Computer and it is visible. You can see the drive and use it like a regular partition. That is quiet easier. I had connected around 4 ftp drives in My Computer where all my data is saved. I use it like a backup which works really fine and has no issue with usage.

Map drives are not stable. I always get a connectivity error when I start my pc. It is better to assign a fixed location by sharing the drive permanently and compare to a ftp software I am using NAS OS on the network. This is more proper.