Thread: Bitdefender Quarantined photoshop.exe file

Bitdefender Quarantined photoshop.exe file

I am using a free edition of Bitdefender antivirus. The free edition looks very basic compared to a full internet security suite. After installation I started a scan. I checked in Quarantine, I found that this antivirus has moved photoshop.exe in that. The icon was not available on the desktop. I cannot use photoshop. Also in quarantine there is no option to restore the file. How can I get that exe file back.

Re: Bitdefender Quarantined photoshop.exe file

The antivirus might have found the exe file suspicious, due to which it has blocked it. The free edition is having no option to remove the file from quarantine. You have to re-install the software back again. I hope you are using a genuine copy. If you are using pirated then the same issue will appear again.

I had got the same issue with a portable edition of Photoshop and Nero. I had downloaded both from torrent and I was using them from long time. But somehow somethign happens after installing Bitdefender. I had installed Avast before. It was working fine. But I switched to Bitdefender. I was just willing to test this new antivirus. And after installing it, it quarantined the photoshop and nero. It has only moved the .exe file in the Quarantine. But other files are not touched. I tried to restore it, but it does not work. There is no option to restore that. In other antivirus I had seen that you can restore a file from quarantine if it is important and add the same under antivirus ignore list. But bitdefender is not having anything here. It looks they are giving out limited features in the free edition and unlock all the settings we have to buy the full version. Does removing the antivirus will restore the file.

You are using a free edition due to which you got that issue. If you can find the actual Adobe Photoshop tool and install it in your pc the antivirus will not touch it. The portable edition which you are talking has a infection in it.

I am using AVG here. I never had this kind of issue. I am having some free tools on my pc which are downloaded from torrent and it works really fine. The best part of using this antivirus is that when you run any free tool it gives you a popup about the file. You can simply block it or tell the antivirus to ignore the file. This is a good feature. Antivirus like Avira simply wipe out the virus file. It does not matter if it is a word document or some important file associated with a application. This antivirus will simply delete the same without permission. So this is a bit issue here. I think you must go with AVG if you are getting this issue. You can upgrade to the full version and get a full internet security solution. It has a very light interface which is not heavy on the system resources. I will recommend you to switch to avg once again. In terms of license I think Quickheal is one of the best antivirus.