Thread: Norton Anti-spam is blocking my emails also

Norton Anti-spam is blocking my emails also

I have a anti-spam feature on Norton. This feature came with the antivirus. I am using Outlook as the default emails client. We had recently switched to Norton from a free antivirus called as AVG. Now there is a new problem in this. I am not able to get any emails. It looks like the anti-spam feature is blocking all the incoming and outgoing emails. The mail works after disabling the antivirus for sometime.

Re: Norton Anti-spam is blocking my emails also

This feature blocks unwanted messages in your inbox. It is very effective. It keeps a track of spam ids which can be blocked and protect your system from getting overloaded with junk mail. Even I am using the same, but I don't face any similar problem.

I do not think Norton Anti-Spam really blocks your outlook mail also. Outlook itself has a spam feature. The mail ids from where you are getting spam you can automatically move them to junk folder which are deleted as time goes on. You have to check your outlook settings once again. You are saying that you are having problem with sending and receiving emails. That means you are not getting anything. So that can be the internal account issue. You have to re-add the account in our email software and check the same one more time. This will be good enough to fix the problem. The second thing you have to do is disable the antivirus for sometime. And then test it back. If the mail works then the issue lies with Norton settings also. You can go in Anti-spam section and verify all the options one by one. You just have to market a mails as spam and then antivirus checkout. But it will not automatically put all the mails under spam and block your send/receive. Re-install the antivirus if needed. This will reset its all settings.

When you mark a mail as spam then only it is moved to junk folder. Otherwise it remains in the inbox. It is weird that your all emails are simply moved to the junk folder. You can go in the junk folder and unmark them once again to move back in the regular folder.