Thread: Is it safe to use net banking on Android phone

Is it safe to use net banking on Android phone

I want to use Netbanking on my Android phone. It is Karbonn Titanium. My account is in HDFC bank. And they give a application for the same. I had downloaded the app on my device. But I am worried about the security here. I need a proper information whether this app is secure for net banking. Many says that Android platform is not secure. There are malware issue on it. Does a antivirus help here.

Re: Is it safe to use net banking on Android phone

It is not safe. Android platform is not completely secure. You can face issue if you use it. It is secure to use on Windows tablet, especially from Dell. They have powerful security features giving you a secure access while using netbanking.

It is widely mentioned in news that Android is not a secure platform. It is loaded with many bloatware and a easy platform for malware. There are some good antivirus available which you must install and then go ahead with using banking stuff. Here if you are using a the default banking application provided by bank, then there is less risk. The only lies with passwords. There can be keyloggers type of stuff which can record your password and later it can be used. So it is always better to go ahead with a good system which has complete protection. Compare to android, windows system are more secure. They give you a secure access and you can use any antivirus on that which you can use on your pc. antivirus for any platform is necessary. Now if you had asked me to use banking on iOS device then I would once say yes. They are different and can be more secure compare to android.

Android is vulnerable. Till yet I had not seen people using this device for making payments or banking stuff. It can be risky and cause issue if not handled properly. It is better to use the pc. Banks have not yet made good secure apps that can work well on all platform.

You can still trust official web. Instead of using application I go with phone banking. That is more better. This is secure. Here in phone banking you have a pin and you have a registered number through which you can make payment. If any one knows the pin also they cannot make any payment or transaction without your official number. And you must keep sms notification enable all the time. Because if any transaction happen without your consent you will be notified instantly. There are many more security measure which you can carry out to keep your phone secure from all. When we talk about virus then it means everything. It can be a malware, worms, trojan, etc. Antivirus for android are not yet powerful. They can give you protection from inside, but cannot protect from online threats. So better avoid it.