Thread: Need a cheap low range wifi router

Need a cheap low range wifi router

Where to get a cheap wifi router. I need one for a shop. I need a low range router which will be used by people inside a small shop only. I am unable to locate any good router model that can help me to get a reasonable output. I had seen some on ebay but they are quiet costly. It will be better if the router comes with inbuilt modem support. So it can be used as a single device for the internet connection. Compare to a regular wifi router, integrated modem is more costly.

Re: Need a cheap low range wifi router

There are many budget wifi router in the market. You cannot get integrated modem in that. It is more costly compare to the regular router. The cheapest one is D-Link DIR-600L which comes for Rs.1100. This is enough for basic usage.

A year ago I had done with netgear router which came for Rs.1200. The router offer decent output. It was for Rs.1200. I had yet not seen any budget model. It was having a good build quality with wifi button on the top side. You can turn it of when not in use. Now the only model which I can found is Netgear Wireless-N 150 Router. This comes for Rs.900. This is a entry level router which comes loaded with all basic and advance features. You can configure Parental control on the same. You can also enable your own public hotspot. So that people around you can use it for free. It has a broadband usage meter through which you can find out the amount of bandwidth consumed. And if you have kids in your premises then you can go ahead with using a parental controls. The router is also good for gaming and offer you multimedia streaming capability. It has only 2 ports which keeps it limited.

You can go with a usb wifi router. There is one. The model is LAVA W200 3G Router. This is a nice portable router offering you amazing output and simple wifi connectivity. It has a integrated battery and you can charge it via usb port. Checkout the review here.

There are cheap models but they are not so great. You can face speed issue if you try to use them on a longer area. It is essential that you go with a mid range model so that you can also use it for future purpose. The best one according to me is Asus DSL-N10E. This router comes for Rs.2000 and great enough to give you long wifi range. It is also good in power usage. It has a WPS push button through which you can activate pin connectivity.The design is also impressive. It is very easy to configure. It works on 2.4Ghz wifi range which is great enough for using in a entire room. Dual antenna allows you constant connectivity. There is no drop or failure while using the same. I will recommend you to go for this. It is a bit costly but good for long run.