Thread: How to protect Mac OS X Lion from malware

How to protect Mac OS X Lion from malware

Malware are common problem today. I had seen they are infecting Mac system also. I want some tips to protect Mac system from Malware. I a unable to find a good antivirus for the same, but I think there are some stuff we can do to avoid it. I do not want to rely on free antivirus. How to find that a Mac system is affected by Malware. What are the signs and once detected what are the possible options available to remove the same.

Re: How to protect Mac OS X Lion from malware

OS X Lion itself has powerful security features. I do not think you will have to do anything additional on the same. You just have to take care about application and software you are using. If that is proper then there is nothing much to worry.

Mac has some good security options through which you can control the malware thing in it. All you have to do is use your files cautiously or else there can be
    some serious matter also. Most of the malware enter your system due to malicious software. It is necessary that you must avoid installing the same. Because if you add them blindly then it might create a problem. Virus, worms are quiet common today and the only way the enter is either through internet or through software that has infected files. So it is necessary that you must not use pirated software in your system. Avoid them. It is simply not good at all. Second thing you must avoid downloading files from untrusted website. Like if you download free movies, many tell you to download a codec pack which is not recommended. This will cause the problem and can generate serious issues.

Mac itself maintains malware. It has ability to detect and wipe out files which are infected. When you download anything and open it, and if it has a infection mac will detect the same. All you have to do is enable properly security settings. If updates are not properly applied then this will not work. To keep your system secure just try to download all updates and keep them save in your system. Because if you leave the system without updates it might get serious infection problem later on. There is no need to go ahead with any antivirus. You can also keep your system secure without that. Mac has a safe download mode inside it. Through which you can keep your system protected. Mac Defender is add more protection. It is capable of detecting and locating virus in the system and then blocking them away. I also wipe all the file and provide you more better configuration. So if you have mac defender in your system then there is nothing much to worry.

If you follow safe practice then there is nothing much to worry. I will not say Mac is 100% safe. It can be infected also. But through certain safe procedure you can get rid of the issue instantly. Just keep your system updated with latest security patches. That will take care. If you want more protection you can get a antivirus.