Thread: What is identity theft and how to avoid it

What is identity theft and how to avoid it

What does identify theft actually stands for. I got some mails in my inbox associated with that. I think I am seeing this for the first time. It looks some tries to use your identity on web without showing up any information. I am looking for a more detailed information on the same how it actually work and what are the possibilities to avoid this thing. Is there a way through we can authenticate a profile.

Re: What is identity theft and how to avoid it

It means creating up fake profiles of other person and using them on web. This is really very common today. I had seen a huge number of fake profiles on the web. The theft is done by various people for spamming. This is mostly done by copying identity of popular personality.

It just means stealing someone's identity and sharing it on the web. Now it is very common today. I do not think it is a big issue unless you blindly trust anyone and fall into trap. It is very important that you must carry out proper inquiry before connecting to anyone. Because you can face issue if things are not done properly. Identity theft is getting common day by day. And I had seen people create a number of fake profiles on social networking site, matrimonial website, and on chat rooms. They then use the same. It is actually a very challenging situation to locate whether the person on the other side is genuine or not. Today in the growing technology things are getting more and more simpler. But on the same hand data breaches are getting common. Most of the things are done by criminal.

I do not think this is something serious. People should be more worried about managing online transaction which matters a lot. Because this are the things which are necessary to control and keep under tight security.

This is not a new thing. It exist from long time and I think today people does not looks much interested in that. Today social networking sites, email services, etc follow a strict policy to manage ones reputation. If they find that you are using some other identity they will ban your account. It is widely carried on by many people and it looks sites are taking strict action against all. It is essential that you must also take care properly to communicate someone. And if you find that your identity is being used by another you can report that site. They will sure ban him. It is getting lower day by day. Because it is not easy to carry out someone identity and use it on web. Everyone is on internet now and they can locate them easily.

It means that creating a profile of other persons to advertise or misuse your name for earning some fame.This mostly happens on internet where people take the name of famous people to make their product popular.