Thread: need help to remove BitGuard

need help to remove BitGuard

When I was removing some unwanted applications from my computer then I noticed that there was something called as BitGuard installed in the list. When I clicked on it then there was no information given for this program. I even searched on the internet but didnt find any information on it. So now I was wondering if this program is any useful or should be removed? Thanks

Re: need help to remove BitGuard

Are you sure that it is called BitGuard or BTGuard? I can find information on BT Guard which is a proxy service that would allow servers to make transfers via BitTorrent circuit hiding your IP address. Through this system, each user that connects to another user that uses BitTorrent BTGuard, will not see the real IP address of the person, but the one used by BTGuard, which is based in Canada.

Try to click on Start and then in the Search box type Regedit and press ok. After that go this registry entry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] and [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]. Now look for .dll file that might be hiding in the c:\progra~3\bitguard\261673~1.238\{c16c1~1\bitguard.dll and delete it from the same registry key and restart your pc.

There are many programs over the internet that comes in a software package. So therefore I believe that you might have installed a browser add-in. BitGuard might not be a program and hence it will not appear in the list of installed programs at all. So, you will need to remove it from the web browsers instead of removing it from the Uninstall a program.