Thread: infected with DMUninstaller

infected with DMUninstaller

I dont know how did this DMUninstaller got installed in my computer. I happened to notice this in the Add and Remove area where I was trying to uninstall another program. When I checked DMUninstaller in Add and Remove then it was not having any information about it, like its developer or size, etc. Should I remove it from my pc? Thanks

Re: infected with DMUninstaller

The DMUninstaller is generally a potentially unwaned program. So to remove this you can download a tool called AdwCleaner. With this software you can immediately remove adware from your computer, unwanted programs, toolbars from web browser and also hijacker that diverts the start home page. This tool is very simple to use and includes a search mode and delete mode. You can easily uninstall using the "Uninstall" function given in it.

DMUninstaller resides in the toolbar and it changes the home page to different advertising websites. It will also trace cookies for the website that you will visit. In any case you can remove it from your pc easily if you want with so many tools available on the internet, like SUPERAntiSpyware. This antivirus offers fast functions, complete and customizable scan for spyware, adware, worms, keyloggers, trojans, hijackers, dialers and other harmful threats of this type from your PC.

This toolbars generally come with some free software that you install in your computer. DMUninstaller is nothing but an adware type that supports freeware or shareware products you have installed. You can easily uninstall it from the Add and Remove programs or you can try the different tools suggested in the above post to get rid of this adware completely from your pc.

I used HitmanPro 3 tool to remove this DMUninstaller PUP. It is an anti-spyware software which includes automatic simultaneous use of multiple anti-spyware known as Spybot - Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware from Lavasoft. Once the scan is started, the software automatically installs the selected options in the anti-spyware, updates and checks the entire hard disk for malwares. A report is displayed at the end of the verification involving all deficiencies found, deleted or quarantined spyware, and other information about anti-spyware used.