Thread: Is it possible that virus can enter pc via wallpapers

Is it possible that virus can enter pc via wallpapers

There are many site on Google which gives you free wallpaper. I want to know that does a virus can enter in my pc via image. I had downloaded some wallpapers recently and now my antivirus showed me a Trojan virus warning. When I scanned the system the folder where all the wallpapers are kept found to be infected. Overall there was around 10 top 15 virus detected. This is not a big number but still it is risky. The antivirus does not found anything.

Re: Is it possible that virus can enter pc via wallpapers

A virus can enter in your system through images. You had seen some wallpaper offer you a zip or exe file to extract the wallpaper. They are having virus. Never download those things. Scan them first and then only open it.

Do not click on popups. Many attempts are done when you try to find something free on web. Like free wallpapers, applications, games, etc. They add many additional thing which you do not know. And that led to a virus infection in your system. Now when you allow a setup file to run, you are giving permission to the file to install in your system. Virus takes advantage of the same. They enter your system and can infect other files. It is necessary that before downloading scan them. Download only images. Do not download zip or exe files. Avoid them. Virus is installed via popup box. Before installation you have to somehow click on yes to continue. If you avoid that your system remain secure. The best thing to do here is install a good internet security pack in your system. This pack offer you overall protection. A internet security pack works well and does not has any performance issue.

If you download files from trusted sources then you will not face this kind of problem. There are number of popular sites which provide you secure download.
    You can download files from them. They are virus free. Avoid using torrents.

If you download files from trusted sources then you will not face this kind of problem. There are number of popular sites which provide you secure download. You can download files from them. They are virus free. Avoid using torrents.

Keep a good anti-spyware/anti-malware application in your system. This is the best way to get rid of problem you are facing. A anti-spyware software works fine in this case. This is a extra security for your system. And you can use it with your existing antivirus. It is more secure. A virus can entire your system through various ways. Most of them are executable files. Once they are in, they try to spread and replicate. Also some of them throw your personal data on web. That is the reason I never turn off Firewall. Firewall blocks unwanted incoming and outgoing request. If you carry certain precaution then there is no risk in downloading wallpapers. All you have do is go on trusted sources as mentioned above. Many popular download websites give you tons of free wallpaper which you can download and install in your system.