Thread: What is Prelaunch.exe file doing in my usb

What is Prelaunch.exe file doing in my usb

When I had connected my usb it detected some prelaunch.exe and quarantine it. I scanned the usb and then moved file. Later on I got some popup notification of the same application. This is really weird. It is quarantined and still the antivirus is getting the same file in system. I am using AVAST here. I scanned my system and found some list of new infections. It looks it is spreading on the backside and the antivirus is not doing anything.

Re: What is Prelaunch.exe file doing in my usb

Boot your system in safe mode and run a full system scan. Then check back. Once the file is quarantined it does not spread. It looks some of your data is having that infection due to which it is getting detected again and again. Scan in safe mode which will be more appropriate.

It is a malware. There are chances that some instances of this file is left in the pc due to which you are getting those popup. Now there is a way to get rid of that. But for it you have to go ahead with a manual setup. Like you have to locate the associated file and then you can remove them. You can scan your system also, but still it is not a completely solution. Download and install Hijackthis in your system. This software scan the pc for all working service in the background. And will give you the list along with location. You can then delete those files manually. Also install Malwarebytes in your system. It is a powerful anti-malware software which is available for free. And when you install it there is no need to remove your existing antivirus. Just install it and scan your system. It will properly remove it and make your system completely secure.

Malwarebytes is a good anti-malware. I am using this. I am using it with AVG and it looks to be working well on the system. There is no problem with virus here. Before I use to get many issue due to usb. But now I scan them first and use.

Malwarebytes is a good anti-malware. I am using this. I am using it with AVG and it looks to be working well on the system. There is no problem with virus here. Before I use to get many issue due to usb. But now I scan them first and use.

My laptop is getting slow day by day. At the time of purchase it came with McAfee antivirus. It was a free edition. I got a license for 1 year. Now it is over and I installed AVG in the system. After installation I found some virus in the system which McAfee skipped. I had seen my cpu usage also remains high while working. In virus log I found one file which was prelaunch.exe. It keeps on coming up after a regular time interval. It is very annoying. I had tried various ways to remove this thing but still it remains working in the backside. The problem is that this file is located in many places. It is a malware which replicate into various places. Due to which it is impossible to remove it manually. I had myself tried various ways to remove it one by one. But somehow it is left inside the system. Now many antivirus can detect virus when they are active. But they do nothing to associated files. Due to which the virus remains in the system. I had formatted my pc completely to wipe it out.

Formatting only looks to be a useful solution that can help to remove virus from the system. I had lot my data just because of that. My friend gave me his pen drive which was having virus and that infected all the files. All folders were turned to shortcut.

It is very complicated to manually remove a virus. Because you are not really sure where it is going to hide in your system. The best thing you can do is use a good antivirus from start. Keep a good backup software in your which runs in a regular time interval. In case of any serious failure you can format your pc and get your data backup also. This is the safest way I think. A good internet security pack can help you in dealing with the problems you are facing. I had bought Norton Internet security pack which offers a overall protection. It scans portable drives and has a powerful scanning engine. It works really fine, but it is a bit high on the system resources. It is very important you must keep your system updated. Update adds many hotfix in your system making it storage enough to deal with different threats. Because this virus just takes benefit from the vulnerabilities of your system.

I agree that if you have a good antivirus in your system then there is nothing to much worry. Many uses free antivirus that does not offer them overall protection. It is necessary that you must stick with a good antivirus pack instead of free edition.