Thread: How to boost wifi file transfer on Macbook Air

How to boost wifi file transfer on Macbook Air

I am unable to get a good file transfer speed over wifi on Macbook Air. So I need some good application that can do the job. I have to transfer some videos constantly from one system to another. I don't have any direct cable connection. It takes a long time to transfer a 500mb file from one place to another. I need some proper way to locate a good software which can allow me to transfer files at a faster speed.

Re: How to boost wifi file transfer on Macbook Air

Try reset your internet settings. Try to reconfigure the wifi settings and ensure there is no limitation set. Some wifi connection comes with bandwidth limit which might cause the issue that you are facing. Also try to reset the router settings once.

That is weird. Mac has the common wifi hardware support which you can find in all other devices and even on that you are getting a slow data transfer speed. you must try to reset the router settings. Ensure that there is no large distance. You can see the wifi signal strength. The more you move your system far, the more weaker it will be. And the slower will be file transfer speed. It is quiet important that you must try to reconfigure the router settings and ensure that the device which are working on wifi are not very far. Also your router must not be behind some object. There is no clear information available in this problem. I tried to locate some discussion on the same in Apple forums. Many are complaining about the same. To get a fast speed for the time being you can try to hook the system on a lan network. You can then try to copy paste the content manually from one place to another. Macbook Air comes with 802.11ac wifi configuration which is a common standard and works with all devices.

The problem can be with the hardware. If you are having multiple Apple devices then just test the speed in them and see what output you are getting. If the speed is still slow then the problem lies with your wifi network. You are using a poor router.

The issue lies in Maverick which is the latest edition of Mac OS. This problem is a kind of bug. Your system is perfect. There is no hardware fault. Now Apple is working on the same. I found a news that clearly says the problem lies in the OS itself. After new update the speed is hampered to great extent. This problem most appear if you try to transfer the file between two different platform. Like between Windows and Mac. But if you are trying to transfer speed among common OS then this issue might not occur. There must be a bit boost in the data transfer speed. Try to disconnect and connect it again. Use a good file transfer software like Teracopy which comes for Windows. This tool allows you to have a constant transfer ratio without breaking in between. So just try out the tool. You might receive any update in your system which can resolve the problem.