Thread: removing ad.xtendmedia.com malware

removing ad.xtendmedia.com malware

Every now and then a pop-up ads from the ad.xtendmedia.com website keep appearing on my computer. I am running Windows 7 and using Microsoft Security Essentials. I have scanned my pc many times with this antivirus but nothing shows up on my computer. Can anyone tell me how do I get rid of this pop-up adware? TIA

Re: removing ad.xtendmedia.com malware

You can easily remove the Ad.xtendmedia.com pop-up ads from your computer or from the web browser that you use. You will need to check the host files and see if any malicious item is added in it or not. To see that open %WinDir%\System32\Drivers\Etc folder in the search box and then open the hosts file in notepad and then remove the malicious item.

If still you are facing the pop-up problem even after following the above solution then you will need to remove some Cookies from your web browser. So for doing the same you will require a tool called Cloud System Booster from anvisoft that will remove the cookies from Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome browser automatically. Just search for this tool on google and download and install it in your pc.

There is another tool called Anvi Ad Blocker that can be used to block the ad.xtendmedia.com pop-up ads in your computer. Anvi Ad Blocker allows you to navigate safely and comfortably. The program makes it possible to block ads that open automatically when you open a page and filter the data transfer from your computer to the Internet. It also offers the possibility of detecting web pages that are likely a threat to your computer.