Thread: Problem with installation of Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Problem with installation of Malwarebytes Anti-malware

I am trying to install Malwarbytes Antimalware in my pc. It is not working well. I am already having a expired version of McAfee antivirus. It has expired two days ago and now it does not scan. So I thought it is better to add Malwarebytes so that I can simply have some security here. Somehow the setup is crashing in between and pc started working really slow. But there are no virus warning or any sign of infection.

Re: Problem with installation of Malwarebytes Anti-malware

Looks like some background service is causing the issue. Go inside Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove McAfee. Then try to re-install malwarebytes back again. This is a bit easy. There can be certain security settings might be causing issue.

The issue can be with the download file. Try to download a new setup. That would be damaged due to which you are getting issue. It is necessary that you must simply use a set of multiple security applications to keep your system secure. Now there are some few choices available that can help you. You can go with a decent free antivirus along with a antimalware software. you can skip malwarebytes if it is not working. Now still if you want to use it then there are certain troubleshooting things that you can try out. Like you can run system restore to get your old settings back. System restore allows you to restore your old settings and this is one of the most common solution to deal with applications crashing errors. Second thing you can go inside event viewer and checkout the error log where you can find more detailed information about the crashing application. A number of time the application is not properly downloaded due to which it crashes. So all you have to do is re-download it back again and then try back. I think that will do the job. Or else just go ahead with any other anti-malware software which is more better.

Relying only on the antivirus is not a good thing. There must be a good antivirus along with that. If you install a good internet security pack in your system then I think you do not really need additional security applications.

I am using Bitdefender Plus. This antivirus is amazing and comes with amazing features. This antivirus is loaded with good security solutions. It is a kind of all in one pack that works well. It provides you upto date protection. After installing this one you do not really need any separate antivirus. In terms of performance it is fast and reliable. It comes with a internet pack solution where it keeps a track on online threats also. For testing purpose you can go ahead with a trial edition which will give you more highlight on the features. If you find this heavy then there are more other antivirus available. Like Avast. Which is a good solution for a single pc usage. A all in one pack is more essential that is easy to manage and gives your system a overall protection.