Thread: How to uninstall Smart HDD Virus

How to uninstall Smart HDD Virus

I dont know how did I get the Smart HDD Virus in my computer which is giving me false messages that the hard drive in my computer is not working properly and at some paid solutions it will help me to solve this problem. I tried removing it using Norton from my computer but after every boot the same message pops up again on the computer screen. Does anyone know how to completely get rid of it? Thanks.

Re: How to uninstall Smart HDD Virus

To remove Smart HDD Virus from your computer, restart your pc into Safe Mode with Networking. After you have logged in then download iExplore.exe by searching it from google. After that double click iExplore.exe and it will try to stop to processes that is linked with Smart HDD. After that download RKill by searching it on the net and run it on your pc. After the scan is over without restarting the PC download Malwarebytes and install it in your pc and then scan your pc thoroughly with it. Once it is done restart to normal mode and then check if the problem is solved or not.

If the above method doesnt wotk, then try to restart your pc in Safe Mode with Networking. After that remove the bad proxy servers that are added by this Smart HDD virus from your browser like IE, Firefox and Google Chrome. After that download Smart HDD Killer from internet to remove the Smart HDD Virus. Also download the Anvi Smart Defender to get rid of all the remains of this virus.

The Smart HDD Virus is similar like different fake antivirus and it uses common locations to get stored in your computer. This virus will also hide all the files and folders and also desktop icons. All the applications also become empty in All programs. Anyways, try to run this command "attrib -h -s "c:\*.*" /s /" without quotes in command prompt and then get back the applications and desktop icons from the smtmp folder. After that update your Norton antivirus definitions to the latest and then run a full scan to remove this virus.