Thread: Virus re-enter my pc after formatting

Virus re-enter my pc after formatting

There is a weird issue in the system. I am unable to get rid of virus. First when I got the warning I scanned the entire system with AVG. And it looks to be working fine. But later on I formatted as the same warning keeps on re-appearing. After formatting I started installing drivers. The system showed me full 100% cpu usage after 2hrs of complete setup. Can anyone help to find from where the virus is coming.

Re: Virus re-enter my pc after formatting

At the time of formatting do you wipe the Windows partition or you are formatting it completely. Like deleting all the partition. It looks in one of your systems partition there is a infected file due to which you are facing the problem.

Can you post the how you are formatting. Are you using Windows disc to format or you are trying to use some kind of restoration process. Like one we have in laptops. There is a hidden recovery partition in that and you can simply restore your pc with that by press F11 on boot. That is the most common way in branded system. And also as mentioned above are you deleting all your partition. I do not think so. Your system looks completely infected. The best thing you can do is simply backup your data. Copy each and every file one by one in external hard drive. It is better to copy files only. Do not move folders. And if your files are turned to shortcuts then you will need a good antivirus to heal it back. I had faced a severe virus problem long back when all the folders in my pc where turned to a exe application. I was not able to open it and copy files from it. I installed a trail edition for Norton in the system which worked. But still I have to format the pc and delete everything. Then only it was fixed and the system looks to be working properly.

I am restoring my through system image which I had created earlier via Acronis. I do not really think the system image is corrupted. It looks to be working fine. Does the virus can infect it also.

The system image is a packed file. The virus will not enter in it. But at the time of making that file the virus was present and it get copied in the image also. So whenever you restore your system you are also restoring the entire virus with it.It is quiet essential that you must simply move ahead with complete formatting. Do not use the image file. Use Windows disc to format your pc and unless you had not installed a antivirus do not open any files or folder from any other partition. Download a good internet security package like Norton or Bit-defender. Norton will be more better. You can find a 30day trial from the web and you can use it. Update it and run the scan. Then only open anything from different partitions. Or else it will be complicated for you to fix the issue. And delete the image files. After formatting install drivers and antivirus only. Leave other stuff. And create a new image file using Norton Ghost. Use a DVD method here. This is much more easier for you. Because there are chances of getting infection back in your system.

It is always better to format everything. Do not leave any partition. Copy all your data and wipe out the systems files. So that if there is any serious infection in the pc you can avoid the same. This quiet easy but only time is consumed in taking data backup.

Manually targeting the infection is complicated. You cannot get the exact file. But still if you want you try. That will give you a clear idea from where the virus is coming. There is a tool called as Hijackthis. This tool is capable of scanning your pc and giving you a complete log which are working in the background. You can get all active exe files working and then you can simply delete them. I use this tool regularly. It works well. It is easy to trace any suspicious files and delete it. But formatting is the only best alternative left. Because this gives you a clear option to get rid of files which you do not want. Another thing you can do is switch your antivirus. Instead of relying on a single free tool you can simply move ahead with a more advance internet security software which is more intact in catching virus. I was also using a free tool before but they are not completely reliable. Most of them gives you a PC security solution only. You do not get any online security.

Free Antivirus works on low scale. In case of any serious issue they are useless. I had upgraded my existing antivirus to a complete internet security pack. It looks more decent now. But still from your end you must take care not use any file which can spread virus like this.