Thread: How to remove PC Power Speed Virus

How to remove PC Power Speed Virus

Today when I booted my computer then a pop up with PC Power Plus was coming on the screen. I dont know how did it get there, so I thought of scanning my pc with Windows Defender instead of going to Add and Remove and removing it. But now I found out that Windows Defender wont start at all and gives a failure message that it couldnt start? Is there any fix for this issue? Thanks

Re: How to remove PC Power Speed Virus

Are you using Microsoft Security Essentials installed in your computer? If yes, then you wont be able to use Windows Defender. Can you double check whether Windows Defender is not uninstalled or disabled in your computer. Also check to make sure that you have all the latest Windows Updates and Service Packs for your operating system.

You might have installed this PC Power Speed scanner in your pc by mistake and therefore to remove it you will have to go to the Control Panel and then Uninstall a Program area and then search the same software and uninstall it. Now restart your pc and see if the nasty sotware is removed from your pc, if not, then try to call their Customer Care on this number - 1-866-231-7627.

I think that the PC Power Speed Virus is some kind of Register Cleaner or something else like a virus. I have read that it gets installed as an application the computer. So I would recommend you to download the free registry cleaner tool called Revo Uninstallaer. Just search it on google and download it and after that go to Start and then Search bar and then type msconfig.exe and press enter. After that check if there are any more pop error message.