Thread: Wireless Network problem after installing Windows 8.1 Preview

Wireless Network problem after installing Windows 8.1 Preview

I have done an upgrade of Windows 8.1 Preview in my another laptop and after that I am not able to find or see or connect to any nearby Wireless Networks. I have checked that the wireless card is switched on but it is not able to find any network. Previously it was working fine before the upgrade? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: Wireless Network problem after installing Windows 8.1 Preview

I was facing the same problem but was able to solve it. I was getting some error at the startup of Realtek wireless lan driver in my laptop. So, I downloaded the Realtek/Atheros drivers from their official website and installed them but that didnt work as well. After that I tried to update the driver by selecting Browse my computer for driver software and let it pick it from a list of device drivers. It was showing me 3 drivers and out of which I installed the Atheros driver and then the wireless lan started to work fine.

Can you get into the Device Manager and then try to disable and then re-enable the wireless card and see if that works. Another thing you can do is remove the driver completely from your computer and then restart your computer. At startup Windows will be able to recognize the new hardware and try to reinstall its driver automatically. Just try it and let me know.

I was too facing same problem in my computer. After installing Windows 8.1 Preview on my computer all the wireless networks were lost and I was not able to get them back. All the other devices are working fine so the issue is definitely with the update only. I saw that the update actually installed Realtek drivers in my computer and after removing it I was able to get the wifi to work again.