Thread: removing PUP.optional virus

question removing PUP.optional virus

I have recently downloaded Malwarebytes in my Windows 7 computer and updated it to the latest patches as well. After doing a complete scan there was something called PUP.optional malware that was coming continuously. I have already tried removing it but after restarting my computer it will again come in the next scanning. It looks to be reinstalling itself from somewhere, so please help me to get rid of this virus. Tia

Re: removing PUP.optional virus

Are you running any P2P programs like utorrent or bittorrent, if yes, then I would suggest you to completely remove them from your pc or disable them from running. After that backup your registry keys with some software like ERUNT. Now you need to download a tool called RogueKiller and save it to your desktop. After that stop all running programs. Now right click on the same RogueKiller software and then run it as Admin. After that accept all the terms and condition and then click to scan the system. After the scan is completed then post back the results that you got from this program here, it should be there at the desktop.

Did you make sure that you had checked the box that is located next to the results? The main issue is that PUP.Optional is an optional adware and the results are not checked by default. So, if you can right click on the results widow then you can check all the items that you want. You might also get a log file that you can upload here and we will look at it to find out whats wrong.

You might need to run TFC to clear temporary files from your pc. So download TFC by OldTimer from here and then save it to your desktop. After that close any programs that are open and then open TFC.exe file by double clicking it. After that click on the Start button so that it will start its cleaning. After a while, once it is done then you will require to reboot your pc. After restarting, delete TFC.exe from your desktop and then scan with malwarebytes again and see if the issue is over or not.