Thread: MSE error 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000ba)'

MSE error 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000ba)'

I need to install few applications and games on my Windows 7 running PC which are sometimes detected as virus by Microsoft Security Essentials. Hence while dealing with such apps or patches i usually kill MSE from the task manager and re-enable it after i'm done. Recently i was installing a patch for game which as getting terminated every time by MSE, hence i killed the MSE process and installed the patch. Worked with my patch.

Later when i tried restarting Security Essentials, it refused to start with an error message saying:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000ba)"

I tried restarting the PC several times, but still when i try to open, it ends up with the same error message. I dont have any idea what is wrong and what to be done to make it work again. I wish any of you guys can help me out with this. Many thanks.

Re: MSE error 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000ba)'

I have never faced this error personally hence dont have any experience with the same. However as i too wanted to know know about this, i did some searches and came to know that this could be because of an infection named "ZeroAccess/Sirefef".

There is a tool called "Hitman Pro Kickstart" which is very effective i dealing with such trojans and viruses. You will need to run it using Flash Drive. Download Kickstart from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Besnik View Post
    There is a tool called "Hitman Pro Kickstart" which is very effective i dealing with such trojans and viruses. You will need to run it using Flash Drive. Download Kickstart from here.
    I really appreciated your help Besnik. I have downloaded the Hitman Pro and ready with Flash Drive but I have no idea how to run it. Can you please provide me the step by step details cleaning the system with this software?

Ohh sorry, I forgot about the same. Installing and running Hitman Pro Kickstart is really tricky. A user who have never used it will surely face problem. Anyways, just download the attachment from below. It contains the PDF User Manual. Check the 7th page of the having step by step process for using this too.

Attachment

I have received this error couple of months with MSE when I did a fresh installation of Windows 7. But in my case, though the error and scenario was exactly like yours, the problem was because I had two Anti viruses on my System (Norton and MSE). After several work arounds I came to know about this, installed Norton using their official Norton removal tool and that fixed the problem. This might help someone.