Thread: only junk removal tool boots computer normally

only junk removal tool boots computer normally

System Manufacturer/Model Number: Gateway FX4710-UB802A

OS Windows: Vista Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 2

CPU: 2.50 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q9300

Memory: 4094 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Hello Everyone!
    Terrible way to start .. nOOb that can't even title his post! 8)

This is a long post but 'please' try to hang in there.

I will bet that None of you have seen a problem like this before!

For over a month, I couldn't open 'anything' on my pc without some difficult work-a-rounds.

Browsers wouldn't launch, tools and apps wouldn't open and access denied would pop up on any system tool that I tried to use.

I did stumble upon a way (described below) to open a browser but that wouldn't help with the other stuff!

It was only when I ran the software tool JRT (junkremovaltool) that everything went back to normal .. EVERYTHING WORKED!!!

Everything worked until I booted the next day and every boot after that!

Every time I power on, I have to do my work-a-round (again .. described below) to get to the JRT tool to get things back to normal!

The kicker is that the tool doesn't clean or delete anything after that first run!
    (I still have to run it though, every time I boot!)

My Work-a-round:

(only way to open a browser before I run JRT)

Routine:
    1) Click on Start
    2) Go to Programs/Accessories
    3) Click System Tools
    4) Click Windows Easy Transfer
    (new window opens)

5) Click on link Go to web page for further information.

6) Click next
    (new page)

7) Click on the X (close) button on the new page

8) Click on are you sure you want to cancel easy transfer?

9) Click Yes

10) Microsoft web page opens up as well as my home page (two tabs/windows).

11) I go to the JRT web site and 'run' the program

(12) JRT runs and ...

13) Back to normal, everything works normally again.
    (Until next boot time)

I have to run JRT instead of downloading it because Nothing will function (including JRT) Until I run a scan with JRT.

If possible .. I am going to try and get the software (JRT) to run at startup!

Maybe I can eliminate steps 1 thru 12 then?

Think it'll work? 8)

I'm desperate. 8)

I have included links to two of JRT's finished scan results.

The first is the original and everything that the tool removed.

The second is how every other finished scan looks.

I don't get it?

Is the clearing of the Event Logs by JRT returning my pc to functioning properly?
    (JRT owner says no)

That is all that is in the logs ,, except the very first one.

Only the first one (scan) from days ago has loads of stuff in it.

First time the tool was used ..

JRT #1 -

All Others ...

JRT ALL
    (Well forget that! I can't post urls!)

BTW: The JRT creator doesn't know why the tool works for me either!

I know this was a long ranting post and if you hung in there .. I Thank You!

Also: JRT is the only tool that returns my system to normal!

I have tried all of the well regarded tools: Malwarebytes, eset, superantispyware, hijackthis .. etc. etc.

All of them.

Re: only junk removal tool boots computer normally

When you say that you were not able to open computer for over a month then how were you opening it before? Did you download or install anything before the pc started giving problems? Also, can you provide the details from the Event logs that you are getting? By JRT tool you meant Junkware Removal Tool, because that is what I am finding on the internet? Are you the admin of the computer with full rights?

Quote Originally Posted by zachary View Post
    When you say that you were not able to open computer for over a month then how were you opening it before? Did you download or install anything before the pc started giving problems? Also, can you provide the details from the Event logs that you are getting? By JRT tool you meant Junkware Removal Tool, because that is what I am finding on the internet? Are you the admin of the computer with full rights?
    I could get to my Desk Top.
    I just couldn't open a browser, use any of the system tools or use software.
    Nothing would open until I discovered that Program/Accessories Windows Easy Transfer was able to open.
    (See the explanation in my post .. 13 steps)

My problems started (Hanging or freezing pc on power offs and hanging boots to name just a few) after installing Comodo's Security Suite!

Got rid of Comodo.

THIS mess started after removing Comodo.

I now use MSE.

Yes, Junkware Removal Tool.

I tried posting 2 links to the JRT results but I don't have 50 posts yet.

I am admin with full rights.

Let's try this: First and Only Scan with anything of importance ..
    Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu

Version: 5.5.4 (08.22.2013:1)

Ran by ME on Tue 08/27/2013 at 2:54:00.82

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{BDB69379-802F-4EAF-B541-F8DE92DD98DB}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{EA28B360-05E0-4F93-8150-02891F1D8D3C}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\autocompletepro.dll

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\bho.dll

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\iminent.webbooster.internetexplorer.dll

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3C471948-F874-49F5-B338-4F214A2EE0B1}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9AFB8248-617F-460D-9366-D71CDEDA3179}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{31E3BC75-2A09-4CFF-9C92-8D0ED8D1DC0F}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{E2343056-CC08-46AC-B898-BFC7ACF4E755}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1clickdownload

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\complitly

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\conduit

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\cr_installer

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\im

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\iminstaller

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\installedbrowserextensions

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\privitizevpninstalldates

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\searchprotect

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\startsearch

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\yahoopartnertoolbar

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\zugo

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\conduit

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\conduitengine

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\conduitsearchscopes

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\crossrider

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\freecorder

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\pricegong

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\smartbar

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\software\utorrentbar

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AppDataLow\toolbar

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\conduit

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\conduitengine

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\freeze.com

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\iminent

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\searchprotect

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\solid savings

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\umbrella

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\uniblue

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\conduit.engine

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\driverscanner

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\iminent

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{22222222-2222-2222-2222-220222622278}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{22222222-2222-2222-2222-220222622278}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Toolbar.CT1060933

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Toolbar.CT2786678

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Toolbar.CT3277370

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Toolbar.CT3286042

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{30EFF557-BA7B-433A-AB9E-17430A151CD7}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{E095517E-0563-4E47-8E2A-64BD0BF12E7E}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{FB48B168-84BB-CCE3-D32D-94102F37C5B0}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{30EFF557-BA7B-433A-AB9E-17430A151CD7}

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] "C:\end"

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\trymedia"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\zoomex"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\AppData\Roaming\complitly"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\AppData\Roaming\opencandy"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\AppData\Roaming\searchprotect"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\AppData\Roaming\software informer"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\AppData\Roaming\uniblue\driverscanner"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\local\conduit"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\local\cre"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\local\solid savings"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\locallow\conduit"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\locallow\media access startup"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\locallow\pricegong"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\autocompletepro"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\complitly"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\conduit"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\conduitengine"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\fbphotozoom"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\free offers from freeze.com"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\max uninstaller"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\searchprotect"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\software informer"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\uniblue\driverscanner"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\utorrentbar"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\umbrella"

Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Windows\syswow64\ai_recyclebin"

~~~ Chrome

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Google\Chrome\extensioninstallforcelist [Blacklisted Policy]

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\defdhglnppeioeflggkmglipcecffkhk

Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\Users\Brenda\appdata\local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dlfienamagdnkekbbbocojppncdambda

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\bgnnidmnbdkmhfkjgdnngciimpdgohok

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\bjeikeheijdjdfjbmknpefojickbkmom

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\defdhglnppeioeflggkmglipcecffkhk

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Google\Chrome\Extensions\dlfienamagdnkekbbbocojppncdambda

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Tue 08/27/2013 at 250.80

End of JRT log
    Every scan after that just had Event Viewer Logs were cleared which the owner of JRT said shouldn't do anything!?

Something in the registry might be messed up. If you have Vista DVD then I will suggest you to do a complete repair of the Operating System in your computer and then test whether everything works fine or not. For more information visit this website - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/w...sked-questions