Thread: Port blocker for Windows XP Pc

Port blocker for Windows XP Pc

Which port blocker application simply works better on Windows XP. I am having a network monitoring application which shows me a some activity through different port. I tried to search for the application which is associated with the service. There was nothing installed. I am using AVG as the default antivirus in the system. But still certain lan activities are suspicious. I hope blocking all the ports will be better.

Re: Port blocker for Windows XP Pc

Through cmd you can find the list of all open ports. Just type netstat -a and hit enter in cmd. It will give you the list of all open ports. If the list is really large then it is complicated to analyze everything. There are third party ports scanner also available.

There are two tools which can be helpful for you. One is port scanner which scans your system for all open ports and the other one is port blocker. Which will simply block all the unwanted open ports. This tool works in gui mode which is very simple to use. For finding out the information on all open ports just install Advanced Port Scanner 1.3. This tool will scan all the ports which is open and will give you information on the associated service. This tool is good for monitoring purpose. Now if you want to block them at once them you must go for Emsa Port Blocker. This is another simple utility which you can use for blocking all unwanted open ports. Now this tool has a composite feature to find open ports as well to block them when you required. The best thing you can do is simply keep your firewall turned on. This is the best option to avoid unwanted connection. Whenever any application tries to access your system you will get a popup on the screen. You can either block it or unblock it as per your need.

It is better if you keep a advance internet security installed in your system. A good internet security pack has everything that you need. Like a port scanner, a activity installer and virus protection. Using separate tools for separate things is simply of no use.