Thread: Reliable tool to transfer huge files from one pc to another through lan

Reliable tool to transfer huge files from one pc to another through lan

I have to migrate around 200GB of data from a old pc to a new one. I started the copy but it looks to be really slow. It is going to take time. Now sometime the transfer stops in between. It can be due to power settings. The pc goes to sleep mode automatically after sometime. I am looking for a reliable file transfer software which can allow me a reliable transfer procedure.

Re: Reliable tool to transfer huge files from one pc to another through lan

Try to copy a small piece of data at a time. Like choosing around 2 to 4GB. This is time consuming but there it is reliable. Your data will be properly migrated and you will not loose anything.

I am using Tera Copy here. I found this software really effective in terms of file transfer. It works fine and does not break in between. Everyday I have to backup around 8 to 10 GB of data. After installation your existing copy paste utility is replaced by Tera Copy. It launches automatically. I add the source and destination and done. It keeps on working. It also has a pause and resume feature. So if somehow the transfer is affected you can simply resume it back after some while. I never face any issue while transferring the file. When you start the transfer it generates a huge list and it reads the file before transfer. So if there is any damage or corrupt file it will be skipped. You can see the entire list in it. For backup Tera Copy is one of the best software. It is not having any automated process of data backup, but the existing interface is awesome. It is simple to use and works on the regular copy paste shortcut. You do not have to configure it manually. There are more tools available similar to this, but that might slow down your system performance also. At the time of copy pasting data it is necessary it is necessary that you must leave your system ideal. Avoid any work. Or else the transfer time will increase more.

The best thing you can do here is go for FTP. On which you will get good speed and a reliable data transfer solution. It is not all complicated. Tools like FileZilla works really well with this. Just try it out.

There is one more easy option here. Manually copy pasting is a time consuming process. We live in the new era of technology. Where we have ample of smart tools that work really fine with file transfer. It is good to get a good backup software. Backup software comes loaded with many things. Like you can configure the same to backup files on the basis of time. You can configure a schedule in it. Other thing it offers is different type of backup option. Like incremental, or full or custom backup. Under incremental backup process only those files are replaced which are modified. While other remains intact. So this takes more less time to copy paste files. You can configure different location for copying files. It add more peace of mind. Windows comes with internal backup utility. You can schedule it work at prescribe time and leave it. It will keep on working on its own.