Thread: How to remove virus from services.exe?

How to remove virus from services.exe?

I am using the Microsoft Scanner on my computer and when I did a scan with it then it detected a virus in this location - C:\windows\system32\services.exe. When I am trying to remove it then pc will reboot with an error message that is written below:

"Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work."

After the pc starts I can still see the virus? How can I get rid of this virus? Please help me out? Thanks

Re: How to remove virus from services.exe?

Can you try to go to Start menu and then in the Search box type cmd. After that at the top you will see a file called CMD at the top of the Start menu, just right click on it and then choose to run it as administrator. A command prompt will appear now, simply copy and paste this lines to it - sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\services.exe. Now reboot your pc and scan to see if the problem is solved.

Since the Microsoft Safety Scanner is not able to remove the virus even after detecting it, then you can try to use the Windows Defender Offline and see if that works. You can easily install it on a pen drive and then use to do a boot time scan to remove the virus from your pc that cannot be removed from within windows. Download it from this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ender-offline/

If the above solution doesnt work then download ComboFix by searching it on the net and save it to your desktop. After that disable your antivirus software. Now you need to run ComboFix and then click on "I Agree". When the scan is finished by this software, it will give you a log file of the report for the scanned files that will be in C:\ComboFix.txt, just attach that log reports here.