Thread: remove Trojan: JS/Seedabutor.C virus

remove Trojan: JS/Seedabutor.C virus

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus on my pc and it is showing a threat named Trojan: JS/Seedabutor.C for more than 2 days now. It seems to be in the folder path of Documents and Settings/Local Settings. I have already updated this antivirus and also removed this trojan but after a restart it will come back again. Please tell me a way to get rid of this virus. Tia

Re: remove Trojan: JS/Seedabutor.C virus

Have you installed Java in your machine, if yes, then remove it as soon as possible. If it is not there then make sure you have updated Java and there should not be any old versions of Java in your computer. Try to delete everything from the Temp Internet folder and restart your machine. After that manually update MSE to get the latest definitions and then scan your pc with it and then remove the trojan and restart your pc. Check now if the issue is over or it is still there.

If you are infected by the Trojan: JS/Seedabutor.C virus then it will usually redirect your internet browser to different websites every now and then. This is because it infects your Temporary Files and it is recommended that you clear these files first. If you want to delete the files in the Temporary Internet Files folder automatically then click on the Microsoft Fix it link here.

If nothing is working for you then you can install some third party scanners like Malwarebytes Antimalware software in your pc and remove this trojan. You can download the same software from malwarebytes.org website and then install it on your pc. After that update and run it on your pc by simply following its instructions. Incase if this software is not getting installed in your pc then rename the setup file to XYZ.exe to install it and then scan your pc thoroughly with it.