Thread: internet browser hijacked by Qv06.com

internet browser hijacked by Qv06.com

I dont know how but my Internet Explorer home page is changed to Qv06.com website when ever I open the internet browser. I have already tried scanning my computer with different antivirus software but no threats are caught in the scan and hence I cannot remove this malware. Can anyone please tell me how do I remove this virus from my pc? Thanks.

Re: internet browser hijacked by Qv06.com

First of all go to Start and then Control Panel and then click on Uninstall a Program. After that right click on unwanted program and choose to uninstall a program that is related to the Qv06.com to remove it. Now right click on Internet Explorer shortcut and then select Properties and click on Shortcut tab. You will get Target Area, just delete everything that is written after "iexplore.exe" and click ok. After that launch the browser and then tap Alt+T. Now choose Internet Options and click on the General tab. Just overwrite the home page and click ok. Now tap alt+t again and choose manage addons. Click on toolbars and extensions from the menu on the left and then choose the unwanted add-on and click disable to remove it. After that click on Search Providers and then click on Qvo6.com and choose Remove and click close.

There is a also a tool called Adwcleaner to get rid of this browser hijacked website, just search and download it from the net. It is a tool to remove unwanted programs. AdwCleaner can also remove adware from your computer, the toolbar and the hijacker who divert the start page. It is very simple to use and the software includes a search mode and delete mode. You can easily uninstall using the "Uninstall" function.

Try to opem Task Manager and then search for the Qv06.com processes and right click on them and end it all. After that click on the Start menu and then click on Search bar and try to search for the files created by Qv06.com and delete all those files. Restart and check if the problem is removed, if not then try to download the AdwCleaner and follow the instructions given above in the replies to get rid of this problem.