Thread: infected with webcake malware

infected with webcake malware

From last several days I am trying to get rid of the Webcake virus from my pc. Actually, I have recently bought a new computer and without installing any antivirus on it, I got this infection in my pc while surfing the net. After installing a new antivirus I scanned my computer and found out that this webcake malware has been installed on my computer. Can anyone please tell me how do I remove this malware? Thanks

Re: infected with webcake malware

First what you can do is remove the malware from the Add and Remove area. To do so, just click on Start and then click on Control Panel and then click on Add and Remove Program and then search for the WebCake malware from the list and uninstall it. After that scan download Avast Browser Cleanup which will clean the internet browser in your computer by resetting the settings to default values. Restart your pc and check if the malware is removed or not.

You will also need to remove the Webcake malware ads from Internet Explorer. So, to get rid of it, open Internet Explorer and then clik on the Tools at the top side and then select Manage Add-ons. After that from the toolbars and extensions tab, choose Webcake Plugin and then click to Disable it. Close the browser and test the browser and see if Webcake is removed or not.

If the above solution still doesnt work for you then go to Startup manager and there you will notice that Webcake is a startup process and will be running. Simply turn the process by clicking off box next to program name. After that when the program is turned off then you can go to the uninstall programs utility in your Control Panel and find teh Webcake program and uninstall it once again.