Thread: ! My Picture.SCR virus removal

! My Picture.SCR virus removal

I dont know how or when did the "! My Picture.SCR" get into my computer. I have this thing in all the hard drives that I have connected to my pc? When I am trying to delete them then it wont happen. I am using Avg antivirus software on my pc. Can anyone tell me how do I remove this virus from my pc once and for all? Thanks for any help.

Re: ! My Picture.SCR virus removal

The .scr file format that you have written is actually a script to transmit a Trojan. So, to remove this "! My Picture.SCR" virus from your computer, boot pc into safe mode. After that, in safe mode go to this location - C:\WINDOWS\system and then search for the file named as “WINLODR.SCR” and delete it altogether from the recycle bin as well. Now reboot your computer and boot in normal mode and see if the virus has been eliminated or not.

Even I was infected by this "! My Picture.SCR" virus in my computer. What I did to get rid of it was I first started Task Manager and then I ended its process that was associated with the internet browser and then I deleted it from all the drives. After that, I restarted my computer and then there was no more "! My Picture.SCR" virus my pc. Hope this helps you out.

If still this virus is not getting removed from your pc then I would suggest you to run some free antivirus scanners that will help you out. There are various free scanners such as Malwarebytes Antimalware Free, Superantispyware Free or TDSSKiller, etc program that you can use to get rid of the "! My Picture.SCR" virus from your computer, just search for these programs on the net.