Thread: File Transfer with screen sharing on Mac PC

File Transfer with screen sharing on Mac PC

I want to share some projects with my friends. Now we both are having a Mac system. At home I am having Windows. While at my college I am using a Mac in the computer lab. I need some good tools that can help me to share my screen as well I can simply transfer a file. Something like Skype. I am unable to get anything simple here for Mac.

Re: File Transfer with screen sharing on Mac PC

Screen sharing is possible through many software. But for sharing files you can do one thing. You can use Google Drive or Dropbox. Just upload your files and share the link to download. That is will be more easier. Or I think there will be skype available for Mac. Just test that.

Mac system comes with a Screen Sharing option. The new edition here has a support for file sharing. There is no need to add any third party software. All you have to do is first enable screen sharing first. Now to share a file, you just need to drag the file from your screen to the remote sharing screen. That's all. The file will reach your friend on the other side. I am here talking about the integrated app, not any third party. Now this is a time saver. You can just share files instantly while sharing screen. For that you will have to configure remote sharing. You can find that in System Preferences > Sharing. Click on screen sharing from the left box. You will need to get the ip address to the system you are connecting with login details. That's all. The connection will be established. This is one of the most easiest way to fix the issue. And it works really fine. Now if this does not work then there are some third party apps, but they don't work hand to hand. You will have to get a screen sharing site separately and file sharing separately.

If you are on the same network then just create a shared folder. Drag the files in the folder and ask your friend to take it. That will be faster. But if you are guys are connected via internet then you can go with some online service.

Mac Screen Sharing has drag and drop feature to share files. Now here you can only share the files on your friends pc directly by dragging it. There are some remote control applications which I can provide you. You can use them and test out the settings to get more proper information on the same. There is a simple to use online application that can help you. Which is called as Screenleap. You can use this one to collaborate online meetings. I use this often to share my screen with others. File sharing is not so effective here. If it is Windows, then we really have ample of great options. Usually I use the chat messenger to send some tiny text files which are smoothly transferred. While applications like CrossLoop, Teamviewer, etc are also available.