Thread: got a phone call from AMMYY Scam

got a phone call from AMMYY Scam

Well, I recently received a phone call who was saying that he is working with Microsoft. After that he told me that my computer had various problems and told me to click on Windows icon on my keyboard and R key. After that he told me to type "www.ammyy.com" and press enter. When he told me to do that then I got suspicious and went on the internet to check their website, which seemed to me legit. But when I typed Ammyy Scam on google then I got multiple results for same. So, I hung up the phone. Now I am thinking whether whether this is genuine or if it is really a scam thing?

Re: got a phone call from AMMYY Scam

Good that you didnt type in their website and ran it on your pc, or otherwise you might have been a scammed victim. Since you havent really installed anything, so they wont have any access to your computer and thus will not be able to connect to your pc. These are just scam calls that use microsoft names quite often. Check this link that will give you an idea how to stay away from scams/phising - http://www.microsoft.com/protect/fra...ng/Msname.aspx

Even I got a call from those guys and I knew from the begining that it was kind of suspicious but anyhow I went along with the call. What I found funny was they were switching from different technical guys to convince me to run that website in the run command. I even told them that I want to record their conversation but the moment I said that they hung up the phone right away.

Those guys are totally scammers and they will install adware/malware on your pc and thus you will be convinced buying the antivirus from them at a heavy price. I still dont know how do they get the phone numbers and real name as well like other genuine companies from whom we tie up our products and services. They will even want you to connect them through a Teamviewer to connect your pc and install all the zombie software. Just try to ignore them in anyway you can and they will not be able to do anything.