Thread: unable to uninstall Zonealarm Free Firewall toolbar that came with it

unable to uninstall Zonealarm Free Firewall toolbar that came with it

I have installed the Zonealarm Free Firewall on my computer and it also installed a toolbar which I am trying to remove. No matter what I do, I am not able to uninstall the toolbar. I even used a command line to uninstall it - "Uninstaller.exe -ctid=ctXXXXXX -ie -ff" but it didnt work. Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the toolbar and keep the Zonealarm free firewall installed on my pc only? Thanks.

Re: unable to uninstall Zonealarm Free Firewall toolbar that came with it

I think that you are not porperly following the instructions to remove the Zonealarm toolbar. It is very easy to remove toolbar and in the last update there was no Conduit toolbar in Zonealarm anymore. Anyways, to remove the toolbar you have to go to your Windows Control Panel and then go to uninstall a program and and then look for ZA toolbar entry. Once you have found that you can simply remove or uninstall it.

If the above doesnt work then you can try to completely uninstall Zonealarm product from your computer with the help of Revo Uninstaller. After removing it, simply download the latest Zonealarm Free firewall from their official website and after you install it, then notice on the installation screen that it will ask you to tick mark some options to install the toolbar and other offers, simply untick all the offers provided and then continue with the firewall installation. This way the toolbar wont be installed in your pc.

I came to know that if we uninstall Zonealarm Free Firewall, then it will not remove the toolbar at all. Both Zonealarm and Security Toolbar has its own uninstaller. You can also not disable the toolbar from the browser, since it is not supported. You can however try to disable or remove the toolbar if you run the uninstall for the toolbar. You can get the same uninstaller on Zonealarm website.