Thread: How to set router on automatic password change

How to set router on automatic password change

I am having a netgear router. I want some option by which the router can change its password automatically. I tried to check in the settings but nothing is found. There is a issue with internet in my home. I think someone in my neighbor is using my connection and I am unable to get any speed. I need some software that can keep on changing the password at a time interval feed by me.

Re: How to set router on automatic password change

That is not possible. There is no software available like that. You will have to do that manually. What is the model of your router. Just type the complete model here. I hope there would be something I can find.

Even if you get the model you cannot do anything. I do not think there is any tool available that can help use to modify the password in time interval. It is a complete manual process. While there is a option available by which you can create multiple SSID in the router. So that when users try to connect they can see different router names. But for password you cannot do anything. You will have to manually login the IP address of the router and change the password. Try to keep a good password along with strong encryption. That would not allow anyone to use your internet connectivity. Also do not share the password with anyone. So that it is not distributed. Almost all routers comes with powerful security settings where you have to apply a powerful password to restrict the access. For a automated process you will need to contact the router manufacturer. He might be able to give you any custom addon or script that can simply help you to keep your wifi more secure. There are ample of monitoring tool available which can give you more information on the network activity. On that basis you can find if anyone is trying to access your network or not.

If you are facing poor wifi connectivity then try to reset the router. That would be more better I think. Ample of issues are solved by restoring the factory settings. But if that also does not work then you can change it.

It is only possible via custom script. The router itself does not comes with any addon or any kind of setting that allows you to set it on auto-password change. And if there are models available they will be far more costly. To find out the activity going on your wifi network it is essential that you must download a sniffer kind of tool. There are ample of wifi sniffer available which can give you information about the activity. One tool among them is inSSIDer. This is a really effective tool which scans your wireless network for different activity and give you information about its usage. If you find suspicious activity then there is some hacker in your area. Who is trying to access your network via different means. But if the tools says you nothing then the issue lies with the wireless network. You will need to check your internet connection.