Thread: getting Cloud 7 EP threat after upgrading Norton subscription

getting Cloud 7 EP threat after upgrading Norton subscription

I am using Norton Internet Security software and after when I upgraded the subcription for Norton, I started getting a message about Cloud 7 EP that was suspicious. I know that it is not a virus and after the upgradation I was hoping that this threat will be stopped but now it is not at all working on my computer? Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: getting Cloud 7 EP threat after upgrading Norton subscription

Even I was getting this same false message and after sometime I found out what was causing the trouble. The issue is related with the Flash Player plugin. So, all you need to do is just remove the flash player and reinstall it back again on your computer. If you are lucky then the issue will be fixed. As for a test open any video streaming website that uses flash plugin and see if you are still getting the same problem or not.

I would say, just get rid of the Norton crap because most of the time it detects all files with false positives. Just download a program called AdwCleaner that will take care about the issue. AdwCleaner is a tool to remove adware (advertising programs), toolbars (bars tools grafted to your web browser), hijackers (diversion of the start page) from your computer. By simply pressing the Delete button in this program you will get rid of the problems.

I would say, download Toolbar Cleaner to clear and remove any unwanted plugins from the web browsers that you are using and after that download Norton Power Eraser, from their official website, to remove the norton products. Also, try to go to the Norton antivirus settings and then under detailed settings open antivirus. After that click on the "Scans and Risk" tab and then turn off Heuristic Protection. Just check now if the false positive message disappeared or not.