Thread: Using Bitdefender with Malwarebytes.

Using Bitdefender with Malwarebytes.

Hello all, I am looking into installing Bitdefender with Malwarebytes Pro antivirus software. But when ever I am trying to install Bitdefender antivirus on my system then it is not installing along with Malwarebytes Pro that is already installed on my computer. I am able to reinstall Malwarebytes on my pc without any issues but I just cant understand why Bitdefender is not getting installed? Do anyone know if both antivirus can be run together? Thanks

Re: Using Bitdefender with Malwarebytes.

You should be able to run both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes Pro on your pc. What you can do is try to remove the Malwarebytes at the time of installing BitDefenders (it should give you some instances) and then restart your pc. After that complete the installation and then update BitDefender on your pc with full Virus Definitions and then try to install Malwarebytes again.

First of all open BitDefender and then click on options and go to Expert View. After that, click on the antivirus on the left side and then click on Exclusions. Now checkmark the box next to Exclusions for disable which will actually enable it. Now click the + button on the top right side to add a new Exclusion. Make sure that the exclude by file or folder path is set and then click next. After that click browse and then click the + next to My Computer > click + next to C: > click + next to Program files and then select C:\Program Files and click on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click ok. Now, do the same thing and then click the + next to Windows and then + next to System32 > click + next to drivers and then click on the mbam.sys and click ok and apply the setting. Now, on the antivirus tab you have to click on the Whitelist button on the bottom and add this url - data-cdn.mbamupdates.com. After that click on apply and then close Bitdefender, thats it.

There is a simple method to run both Bitdefender and Malwarebytes on your pc together. All you need to do is, open Bitdefender and then click settings. After that on the left side, choose the Firewall tab. Not on the upper side click on Advanced and then select "Application Rules". Now you can select "Add Rule" and go to the path of the Malwarebytes directory, where it is installed to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and then choose mbam.exe. Now you need to choose the type of network that you want to allow this on your computer. Just make sure that at the bottom of the antivirus "Allow" is checked and then select ok.