Thread: NORTON 2013 Reputation Revocation List failed to complete

NORTON 2013 Reputation Revocation List failed to complete

I am using the latest Norton 2013 antivirus in my pc and it is working fine. But there is only one problem that I am not able to understand. Whenever I click on the Live Update by launching the antivirus program, then it will give me an error message that will say "NORTON 2013 Reputation Revocation List failed to complete." Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: NORTON 2013 Reputation Revocation List failed to complete

First of all can you please tell us which operating system have you installed and using at the moment? In any case, you can try to wait for some time and then run the live update again manually and check if that works. In most of the cases, whether there is a repairable issue then the application will display an error message to you infact or it will simply download the update and install it without any issues.

Most of the people are facing this problem and it seems that this is a server side problem from norton and it has nothing to do with your norton product installed on your machines. Many users have reported this issue to norton tech support and there cant be anything done unless Symantec solves this issue. You will just have to sit back until they solve their server side glitch and check for live update manually every now and then.

This problem happens from time to time with the Live Update features and it is actually a bug in the program itself that needs to be rectified on their servers. Most of the time it is limited to an area depending on the server and other times it is everywhere. Norton team will just use the same excuse that that team is looking to fix this issue and until that time we just have to sit back and wait for the fixes to come.