Thread: download history deleting in norton insight

download history deleting in norton insight

Hello, I have using Norton Internet Security on my pc and I just wanted to know a way on how to delete the download history in the norton insight that stores all the information of my download history and all. Actually, late night some friends visited my house and downloaded some stuffs on my computer which was not appropriate. So if anyone who accesses this computer will know about it. So please can anyone tell me how to clear the download history from it? Thanks for the help.

Re: download history deleting in norton insight

In your Norton Internet Security Suite, if you click on the Performance tab and then go to Insight Protection then there is no way to get rid of your data. But you can still try to clear the different entries in the History log, so for that click on the History on the main Norton software and then choose the category from the drop down list that is on the upper left side and then click Clear Hostory below on the right side of the window. Hope this helps.

Well, first of all you need to right click on your Norton tray icon. After that choose View Recent History and then choose Clear List or you can also select drop down menu and then clear the full history list entries that you want. Similarly, you will be also able to do the same steps with the download insight history if you want.

Thanks for the response but after following your suggestions I was still seeing the names of the files in the history. So, after searching on the net for a solution I found out that we have to uninstall and reinstall the Norton Internet Security software completely inorder to purge the Norton Insight History. After doing a complete reinstall I am not seeing any information in the same.