Thread: 100% CPU Usage with ccsvchst.exe using Norton

100% CPU Usage with ccsvchst.exe using Norton

I am getting a bit problem while using Norton. The cpu usage just goes to 100% complete and I am not able to do any other task. I checked in Task Manager and found the issue is associated with ccsvchst.exe. I am not sure about this service. I never saw this before. I had installed Norton recently on my system and this issue started appearing. Can anyone here help to fix the problem. What should I do. Does re-installing Norton will be helpful here.

Re: 100% CPU Usage with ccsvchst.exe using Norton

The service ccsvchst.exe is associated with Norton. So somehow it looks your antivirus is having some kind of issue. It is essential that you must simply try to re-install it or better run a repair setup. That will also do the job. Sometime unstable files can cause this kind of issue and re-installing or repair setup replaces the same.

Somehow the service is not proper which is causing the problem. Try re-installing Norton and then test back. But if the issue appear back then you might need to change the existing version. It is really common that somehow the setup cause this issue. Norton itself is a resource hungry antivirus. It comes loaded with tons of extra services that keeps on occupying space in the memory and that lead to poor system output. There must be some kind of section available through which we can simply turn them off. And also there are no possible options available through which we can remove those unwanted services. I tried ample of things here to make my system performance better but nothing looks to be working well. After installing Norton things are getting more slower. I own a gaming system with tons of games installed on it. Ample of them are multiplayer. First I have to mess with the connectivity. Because this antivirus just does not allow me to connect to online servers. The connectivity is simply blocked here causing severe problem which was restored when I turn off the antivirus. But again when it is turned on the same issue appear back again.

The file is associated with Symantec Service Framework. So it is a kind of important service that might be required by the antivirus to work fine. I do not think there is any possible way to remove it or disable it. Try to contact Norton for the same for more help on it.

Try re-installing and then see what output you are getting. This is only not the service which is causing problem. There are many of them. Norton is a good antivirus, but sometime it happens some nasty virus affects the critical system component causing extreme cpu usage. It is really essential that you must run a fresh setup back again. And if possible try to upgrade to the most recent version. That would be also really helpful. When you upgrade you get new feature and fixes. Bugs which are in the old version are resolved and works more fine. One common solution I find for most of issue faced by the antivirus is turning off the Auto-Protect. This is one of the best way to deal with problems. Auto-protect is a internal service that keeps a close watch on different files of your system.It checkout system files, documents, etc and deal with threats affecting them. So somehow that can be causing high system usage. Just disable the same and then check back. I think that will be a bit more appropriate in fixing the issue. Or else re-installation can also do the job.