Thread: network connections filled with disabled LAN

angry network connections filled with disabled LAN

My internet connections keeps going down, but my ISP can find nothing wrong with my connection to them

I looked in Network Connections and found 4 disabled Local Area connections.

I do not know how these are being set up in the first place. I did not set them up.

I am using a vpn service and turning it on and off depending on the sites I need to visit.

If the ISP can find nothing wrong with my internet connection to them, I am guessing that my connection problems may be due to these other local area configurations.

I am guessing it is the VPN that is setting these local area connections up.

I would appreciate it if someone can explain to me how to clean up my network connections and configure my connections so they do not go down.

Re: network connections filled with disabled LAN

Alright, can you try to turn off VPN and then try to assign static IPs to the Lan cards and also dont give any gateway IP to them and check if that works. Also, have you tried to turn off any firewall or antivirus, that might be installed in your computer and see if the network connections works. I assume that previously the network connection was working fine, so when did this problem started to happen, did you install anything new in your computer lately?

Quote Originally Posted by zachary View Post
    Alright, can you try to turn off VPN and then try to assign static IPs to the Lan cards and also dont give any gateway IP to them and check if that works. Also, have you tried to turn off any firewall or antivirus, that might be installed in your computer and see if the network connections works. I assume that previously the network connection was working fine, so when did this problem started to happen, did you install anything new in your computer lately?
    Thanks for this advice.

But I have gone into my internet connection settings and cannot see any way to change the LAN gateway IP or to assign static IP.

Can you describe the pathway to get into the dialog boxes to change these settings?

I can give you the pathway to assign static ip to your pc. If you are using Windows 7, then go in Control Panel and in the search box type " Network & Sharing Center". Click on it and on the left side you can see Change Adapter Settings. In that you can see your LAN Adapter. Right click on it and click on Properties. In that look for TCP/IP (IPv4). Select it and click on Properties button. From this place you can assign static ip to the pc. You will have to also add the dns details.