Thread: Malwarebytes not working with norton internet security 20.3.0.36

Malwarebytes not working with norton internet security 20.3.0.36

I cannot use Malwarebyte on my pc. I am having Norton Internet security already installed on it. It came with the laptop. My friend suggested me to useMalwarebyte which is a kind of good tool to deal with malware in the system. He is using it with Eset where it works fine. But looks like some kind of issue with my system. How can I install this. I tried to run the setup but there is a issue in between. It looks Norton is blocking the setup.

Re: Malwarebytes not working with norton internet security 20.3.0.36

It is actually the issue of compatibility. Usually Malwarebyte works with all antivirus. It is a separate security tool. Try to download a fresh version from the web and test back. There can be problem with your setup also.

I am also using the same edition of Norton Internet Security. After upgrading to 20.3.0.36 I am facing a compatibility issue here. When I try to run the setup of Malwarebyte I am getting error on the screen. It is associated with incompatibility. I tried ample of things but nothing worked here. It is really weird. Before Norton I was using AVG. It was a free edition of antivirus. I had also installed malwarebyte at the same time which really worked and has no issue at all. But later on I though upgrading to a better antivirus is good. So I choose Norton. But now it is giving me issue with Malwarebyte. Is there any specific reason for that. As far as I know Malwarebyte is capable of working with all kinds of security applications and it is also helpful in dealing with day to day threats. Is there any alternative available. Because I do not really think Norton Internet Security will really allow me to install it. And I cannot remove it also. Because it is the only primary antivirus in my system.

If you had install Norton Internet Security then why you need malwarebyte. It is not needed at all. Norton Internet Security is capable of taking out almots all kinds of threats. You just need to keep it updated and scan it regular. That's all. That will do the job.

I had seen ample of users are facing the same issue. They have a similar discussion on Norton forums also. But one thing here is different. The older edition of Norton is working fine with malwarebyte. I had just seen a laptop which is has a older version of NIS and on the same hand the user is also having Malwarbytes. It works fine. But as it was upgraded to NIS 20.0 and above there is a issue with compatibility. It does not work well and giving out problem in scanning purpose. In some system it is giving issue while in some it just work fine without any problem. This is really weird here. I think there must be some kind of settings available through which it might work. But if you still want to use a different antimalware scanner in your system then why don't you try MSE. It is lightweight and free also. And I think it will work with Norton. You just need to test it and try out. I think that would really work.

MSE is also a good antivirus. It does not offers complete protection but it is really good on malware. I am using this with AVG and this works fine. There is no issue at all with the output here.

I think Norton in itself is a complete protection. It not only protects you for online threats, but also help you to deal with malware. Once it installed there is no need to add anything. While still if you are looking for some kind of good antimalware then I can offer you some choices. You can simply go for Spybot - Search & Destroy or SUPERAntiSpyware. This are free antivirus available online and works fine with other third party antivirus software. You can just download and test the same. I think you will like Spybot here. It is really helpful in dealing with tons of malware on the web. While Windows Defender is also not bad enough. This is also a good antivirus for dealing with malware only. Spyware Doctor is also another great anti-malware tool available free on web.

Just download and install Kaspersky Antivirus. It is one of the best tool that can help you to deal with all kind of threats. You just need to install it. It is a complete internet security which gives overall protection.