Thread: File contained a virus and was deleted error with Internet Explorer 10

File contained a virus and was deleted error with Internet Explorer 10

I am running Windows 7 64bit with Internet Explorer 10 on my pc. Whenever I download anything from Internet Explorer 10 then in the end it gives the error message that says "This File contained a virus and was deleted". I have only got Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender installed on my pc and when I scan with both software, then it doesnt tell me anything related to any virus problem? When I download from firefox then it gets completed without any trouble? So what is wrong with IE10 then? Does anyone have any solution for this issue? Thanks.

Re: File contained a virus and was deleted error with Internet Explorer 10

The error message that you are getting can occur if you are infected with the Sirefef or ZeroAccess malware. So, whenever you try to download anything from IE 10, you get the this malware announcement. So, to remove this malware, you will need to download the below software from firefox browser:
    1. Download an anti-malware program called SpyHunter, by searching it on then net, and then install it and run a full system scan to get rid of the Sirefef malware.
    2. After that download TDSSKiller and run it on your pc.
    3. After the scan is completed then click continue and then restart your computer once the disinfection is over.
    4. Now, you need to download ESET Services Repair tool and save it to your desktop. After that double click on the ServicesRepair.exe to run this tool.
    5. Since you are using Microsoft Security Essentials, you will again have to reinstall it and then scan with MSE and this time you wont get any error.

This issue usually happens with a missing program that was set to scan downloads including with a previous infection on the computer of 'System Care' and it usually messes up the installation of Windows Defender which is located in this path - C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\ and also at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\. So to solve this issue you will need to reinstall Windows Defender and the error will not show up anymore.

There is no way to reinstall Windows Defender in Windows 7, but with the below steps you will be able to overwrite your corrupted Defender to a working one:
    1. You will need to find another Windows 7 computer and then from this location C:\Program Files\, you will have to zip the "Windows Defender" folder.
    2. Do the same from C:\Program Files (x86)\ path to zip the "Windows Defender" folder.
    3. Now copy the same file in your computer, in the same location as told above with administrative rights by unzipping it and rename the old "Windows Defender" folder from both the location to "Windows Defender.abc"