Thread: Alureon.A Infection, how to get rid of it

Alureon.A Infection, how to get rid of it

I have a computer which is infected by the Alureon.A virus and I am not able to run DDS. I am also getting a message that says "A device attached to the system is not functioning." I have tried to run many online scanners and antivirus software but still I cannot remove this infection. Can anyone tell me how do I remove this virus once and for all.

Re: Alureon.A Infection, how to get rid of it

Can you try to download RogueKiller by searching it on the net. Be sure to choose the version that is compatible with your operating system, that is, whether 64bit or 32bit operating system. After downloading and saving it to the desktop, close all Windows and browsers as well. Now, try to right click and choose run as Administrator. When you are at the program console, just wait for the scanning to finish. After that press Scan again. When it is done then a report will open on the desktop with RKreport.txt file and then past that report here in your next reply.

To remove this nasty, download TDSSKiller.exe tool from Kaspersky's website and then follow the below steps:
    1. After downloading it, right click on TDSSKiller.exe to run it as administrator..
    2. If this tool is not able to run, then try renaming it to something like xyz.com or so.
    3. After that click the Start Scan button and dont use the computer during the scan
    4. After when the scan completes with nothing found, then simply click close to exit.
    5. But if some virus are found, then it will show in the Scan results, simply choose action for found objects and offer three options.
    6. After that try to ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > and then restart now to finish the cleaning process.
    7. You will get a log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) and it will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C: ).
    8. Simply try to copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.

You can also download another tool called MBRCheck, by searching it on the web, and then install it on your pc. Simply right click on the MBRCheck.exe and run it as admin in your Windows operating system. After that it will show you a black screen with some information that will have some of the below line if no issue is found. After that press enter to exit it.