Thread: How to remove Easy Life Virus app

How to remove Easy Life Virus app

Recently I got some packages from a website called mediafire. Since then all of a sudden the web browser changed to a webpage that was termed as Easy Life? After searching for this issue on the net I found out that it was some kind of a virus. I also found new folders in C:/program files/easy life and c:/program files/browsetobuy and there was file called sprotector.dll which seems to be infected. So, I deleted the folders and also reset the default home page to about blank. But when I search for this files with the term called easy life then they are still showing up. So, can anyone tell me how to get rid of Easy Life Virus forever? Thanks.

Re: How to remove Easy Life Virus app

Even I ws facing the same problem and the file that turns out to be the problem was this C:\Program Files\SProtector\SProtector.dll or C:\progra~1\sprote~1\Sprote~1.dll. This file gets automatically loaded by using the AppInit_DLLs registry section, which can be noticed when scanning with HijackThis. So after I deleted this SProtector.dll and then I also deleted the AppInit_DLLs which actually solved the issue for me. Just try it out and see if it works for you.

You can also try to easily remove Easylife App add-on from your internet browsers. Just follow the below tricks to remove it from different browsers.

1. In IE browser you have to go to Tools > Manage Addons > and then Disable Easylife App related add-ons or extensions.
    2. In Mozilla Firefox you need to go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > and then Disable Easylife App related add-ons or extensions.
    3. In Google Chrome click on the Wrench Icon > Tools > Extensions > and then Unclick the Enabled to disable Easylife App related add-ons or extensions and then click the Bin button to remove them.

Can you try to download AdwCleaner, by searching it on the net, and save it to your desktop. After that double click on it to run the tool and then click Search. Now, when you can see the scan is finished, then a notepad will be opened. You will have to post the same contents from the notepad over here. There will be also a log file saved in C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt. You can paste that content as well over here, which will be useful.