Thread: What are health risk of using strong Wifi network at home

What are health risk of using strong Wifi network at home

My client is running a play school for children below 5 years. Now she is planning to introduce a virtual classroom where kids can learn various thing more interactively. It is a big plot with a large screen at the front side. I want to suggest a powerful wifi network that can allow all in the building use internet and play various multimedia content. Everything is stored on a 4TB NAS drive. And the client wants everything on Wifi. I first suggested them to use LAN cables, but they want it on wifi to keep their classroom look more cleaner. I had seen certain articles on the web that were discussing about health risk in using wifi. For my clients location I will surely have to apply a powerful router that can give a very broad range.

Re: What are health risk of using strong Wifi network at home

There is on great risk here. Wifi too consist of RF radiation but it is controlled by FDA. A product cannot be sold in the market without FDA regulation. Depending on the tolerance capacity of human body the radiation is limited and does not posses any health risk. But still there are some industrial products which carry heavy radiation and can damage cells. Those come by warning. To keep it safer, you can use tiny wifi extender. Buy any router in the market that offers 2.4Ghz wifi frequency and use extender at some distance to extend the range.

Radiation from mobile phones are not good. And those wifi that has output frequency of or above 5Ghz can hamper health to some extent if kept very near to a person. There must be a good amount of gap. Create a kind of control room in your place and configure all hardware there. Then as mentioned above use range extenders. Place them at regular interval so that it reaches to all corners. But compare to that lan are more reliable and faster. There can be buffering issue while streaming large media files.

Keep atleast a gap of 3 meters from the router or modem. This will avoid issues. It is not recommended to place a industrial level router near to anyone. The frequency is more stronger when you sit near. While if you move it does not cause any problem. The power used by router is very low. So it does not emit a health risk radiation. But as it will be used 24x7 so it is recommended to maintain a good distance and extenders are good choice here.

Wifi are similar to mobile phones. Compare to wifi, mobile phones emit more radiation that are not good for health. It is recommended that you must not keep the phone on your ears when you are making a call. Because at that moment the mobile device uses maximum power. It is recommended that you turn off the router when you are not using it. Because the reduces the availability of emfs in your area. Go on web and learn more about EMF. You will be able to understand what I am talking about.

I am using a router from past 5 years and till today I do not have any issue. I am using a router that is kept just below my desktop. It gives me good range on my laptop. If a product posses health risk then it must not be released in the market. Because end user is never aware about the cons involved. Routers/modems are safer I think. I had replaced my router recently and added a much powerful one that gives me a great range of more than 30 meters.

Go on Wikipedia and search for a article Wireless electronic devices and health. In that look for section Wireless LAN. You will get the answer why you must not configure a powerful router in your home.

The effect is minimum but prolonged exposure can be risky. Wifi emits EMF which stands for electromagnetic frequency. This when exposed for long time can generate health risk. But it is is only possible with heavy duty routers. The one discussed above.

Wifi are more less powerful compare to cell phones. The frequency used in them are just limited to some area only. And it is correct that you must not sit very near to them. Just maintain a distance. EMF is emitted by tons of devices. Not just by wifi. It is emitted by many electromagnetic device.

Compare to them lan cable is more safer. If you are running institution for kids, better follow strict safety procedures which are not just limited to internet connectivity but with many things.