Thread: Are cheap antivirus capable of giving maximum protection

Are cheap antivirus capable of giving maximum protection

I had seen from last few years that now there are hundreds of antivirus available in the market. Before there were few and also they were too costly. But now the market looks like flooded with cheap antivirus and each of them promise to give great features and security. Free are simply not counted here. My question here is to trust them or not. Because I am using Norton for years and I found it is quiet better. But as our office expanded the cost on antivirus increases which we can cut off by buying some other alternative.

re: Are cheap antivirus capable of giving maximum protection

Go for popular antivirus, like AVG, AVIRA, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, Quick Heal, etc. They are trusted one and they are on the market from long time. Also they are capable of giving you maximum protection from different number of threads. I had also seen various cheap antivirus which just appeared from now where. But they are simply not effective. If you trust on them you will have to pay the cost. It is simply waste of money. You must stay away from them.

re: Are cheap antivirus capable of giving maximum protection

Are you talking about those rogue antivirus. Like Antivirus XP, AntiSpyware 2011, Antivirus 7, etc. There is a huge list of this antivirus available on wikipedia. You can print that list and when you are choosing a antivirus just check whether it is not in the list. If yes then skip the same. There are many fake antivirus on the web. They first give you a warning popup on your screen saying that your system is infected and you have to soon fix it. And once you click them to fix your system they flood your hard drive with tons of virus.

Re: Are cheap antivirus capable of giving maximum protection

It is better to stick with Norton. There are cheaper alternative available, but it is recommended that you must stick with the once that you had trusted and using for long time. I am using Kaspersky from long time and till today I had not switched to others. I was taking about AVIRA here. But still taking security decision is not easy, because it can have impact in future and above all the renewal charges will appear at the end of every year.

Recently many new and trusted antivirus appeared. Ample of them are safe to use. It is recommended that you buy after finding ample of information on the same. Like what features it provide, how much secure it is, etc. And then compare the same with your existing antivirus. I am sure you will be able to decide which one is better. It is correct that there are tons of fake antivirus on your system and you must not install them. It will be complicated for you to fix your system if any of them are added.

it depends on what u want

i don't like NORTON because it is a ram/system resource hog

i would prefer (personally of course) MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) or some other free or low cost antivirus

i would also recommend using an anti-malware like Anti-Malware-bytes along with an extra security freeware like Spybot Search and Destroy

it makes the ultimate secure pc

but yes they can provide a secure and max protection

but i would recommend using above freeware

the other alternative would be to use an os like linux mint or other linux os Flavour

If your talking about the so called hoax virus' then stay away from those. Try using reputed AV's like quick heal, avast, kaspersky etc. They have been in the market for quite some time now & won't give issues.