Thread: Run AVG AntiVirus with MalwareBytes real time

Run AVG AntiVirus with MalwareBytes real time

I am right now running AVG Antivirus in my computer and I want to upgrade the Malwarebytes to the pro version. Actually, I have checked many articles that states that we should not run more than one real time antivirus software. So, therefore I wanted to know whether the Malwarebytes Pro version will interfere with any ways with the AVG antivirus that I have installed? Thanks for any help.
    If I post, it's because I have something to say, not just to up my board count.

Re: Run AVG AntiVirus with MalwareBytes real time

I think that AVG Antivirus will work along with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO without any problems. Actually, Malwarebytes works differently than antivirus program when they are run in real-time which normally reduces the chances of any conflicts, but remember that you will have to set exclusions for Malwarebytes in AVG and also in Malwarebytes for AVG to ensure there are no conflicts between the two that could happen, and for your information, it might also improve the system performance as well.

You can use the below method to exclude Malwarebytes from AVG antivirus:
    1. Before installing the Malwarebytes Pro version, you will have to disable real-time file protection of the AVG antivirus. For that you have to open AVG from quick launch and then open AVG User Interface command and then click on computer icon.
    2. After that you nee to disable antivirus protection and then click Settings link to configure exclusions.
    3. You have to select Exceptions on the left side and then click Add exception button.
    4. After that in the appeared dialog box you have to select Folder as Exception type and type the Malwarebytes folder (or copy the folder name from here) as excluded folder and press OK.
    5. Check that Malwarebytes folder is added in exclusions table on Advanced Settings window and press OK button to save all changes.
    6. Now, when protection is temporarily disabled and Agent’s folder is added to exclusions, you can install Malwarebytes Pro version software on your computer.
    7. After it is installed, enable antivirus protection using first 3 steps above.
    8. AVG Antivirus will ignore presence of this software and will not notify monitored user.

And if you want to set exclusions for AVG in Malwarebytes Pro, then follow the below steps:
    1. First of all open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and then click on the ignore list tab.
    2. After that you need to click the Add button on the lower left.
    3. After that in the small browse windows which will open, go to the path C:\Program Files and then click once on the AVG Antivirus and then click OK.
    4. Lastly, just close the Malwarebytes anti-malware and now AVG will be in the exception list of Malwarebytes program.