Thread: Help! E-blaster on Mac!

l33t Help! E-blaster on Mac!

My stalker ex-husband managed to put e-blaster on my MacBook Pro. I KNOW it's there because I found the reports he's been printing up. I gave my macbook to my lawyers "IT" people to not only remove it but get the evidence. All I got back was "We couldn't find anything". SO frustrating! Not to go too here long but he's dangerous and I NEED my MacBook because I work remotely. I can't be sure it's not there but it's designed to be undetectable. Anyway is there anyone who knows anything about rooting our this particular program?

Re: Help! E-blaster on Mac!

I will recommend you to check your processes in Activity Monitor and download Lingon software to check and see if there is any background processes that are being triggered. You can also download another utility called Little Snitch and install it to block or watch Network access on a per-process basis as well.

Re: Help! E-blaster on Mac!

I am no expert on macs but there should be a way to trace where the e-blaster came from becaus there is a similar process for malware type program infections on windows if all fails there should be system restore type program for mac should there not?? Also you could protect your mac and find the program responsible and see if it reappears after a restore then u could try to trace it to to ur ex-husband and if all goes as planned u will have proof that ur ex planted the e-blaster

i hope i helped