Thread: Looking for some affordable Wifi Repeaters

Looking for some affordable Wifi Repeaters

I need some models of affordable wifi repeater. I am having a old router. At my office I am getting complain for users that they are unable to get standard speed at the corners. There are around 6 laptops and 8 to 10 mobile devices. The connection works well on the start, but as we move ahead in corners problem starts. So my network guy told me to get a good wifi repeater that can be placed around the corners for uniform bandwidth. I think I have to buy more than one. So just need some suggestion on affordable wifi repeater available in the market.

Re: Looking for some affordable Wifi Repeaters

You can buy some good models on Netgear website. One among them is WN2000RPT. This comes for Rs.2780. You will need to spend between 2000 to 3000 rupees to get a decent model with appropriate bandwidth. Below will not give you more output. If you are willing to add 500 to 1000 more you can buy some best models in the market. The one that I told you is a 4 port wifi extender. It is essential that you place it somewhere at the center of place where wifi range does not reach. Do not keep it on the corners. This extender is easy to use. There is no need to connect it to the wifi router. Just place it and turn it on.

Netgear 2000RPT is a very old model. There are more newer stuff available. For additional feature you will have to pay more. There is one good model WN3500RP that offers a nice bandwidth with encryption. While the above model does not support encryption. You can protect your network in two ways. You can keep a password in the extender so that if anyone tries to connect will not be able to access. The model that I had told you is compatible with Airplay.

I am using a much portable edition of wifi extender. It some 300 mbps repeater which is like a wall socket. You just have to hook it on the power adapter and that's all. You can put it on the places where you are not getting good wifi bandwidth. It is good for small office. And as per your requirement I think this would fits best. The cost of that adapter is Rs.1700 on web. You can find that easily under Google Shopping or on amazon. There are many cheap adapters available but there is no guarantee of output they are going to give.

I can list you some top models that offer a good wifi output. They are Belkin Dual-Band, Linksys RE1000 and Netgear WN3000RP. This wifi extender are designed for office work where you need frequent bandwidth with minimum disconnection. Whatever wifi repeater you buy will only give you a 300mbps bandwidth. But if you go for better models there chances of getting more better output. I had bought a cheap adapter some months ago and it is stopped working know. I ordered that from overseas, so there is no chance of sending back under warranty.