Thread: Laptop running windows 8 won’t connect to my home network

Laptop running windows 8 won’t connect to my home network

My laptop is having built in wifi card and suddenly it has stopped connecting to my home network suddenly. It used to connect to my home network without any issue. As far as I remember, I had taken it to my friends place and I had connected it to his home network after forgetting my home network. Since then it has stopped connecting to my home network. Is there anything I can do about it???

Re: Laptop running windows 8 won’t connect to my home network

So have you crossed checked it again by connecting it to your friend’s home network? If it refuses to connect to your friend’s home network now, then there might be something wrong with your laptop's wireless adapter.
    In that case you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver for your wireless adapter. If that doesn’t work then you will have to get it checked there might be something wrong with it.

Yes I have crossed checked it again by connecting it to my friend’s home network. My laptop detects it and gets connected to it without any issue but for some reason it refuses to connect to my home network specifically.
    I am not sure if there is something wrong with my home network because other devices like laptop, Smartphone’s etc detect and connect to it without any issues. Is there anything that I need to check out further???

Since it connects to your friend’s home network without any issue, I guess there might be something wrong with your home network router. So for that you can try below workarounds.
    Restarting your router
    Resetting your router
    Updating the firmware of your router

Guys there was something wrong with my router. Restarting and resetting the router was of no use but updating the router solved it. Thanks a lot GuruT.